The backend developments are done. Trial runs have been conducted. We are arranging partnerships with local Japanese authorities. It is expected to make our tool available to the affected areas in the coming days.
We are a purely student-funded initiative born at University of Cambridge. As our funds are limited we greatly appreciate if individuals or organisations could get in touch with us regarding specifics about donations. As soon as we are eligible to accept funds (Ltd. by guarantee structure established) we will get back to you.
Who can use belongingsfinder?
- Local authorities
- Relief organizations
What can you do with belongingsfinder?
Upload images of found belongings
- Through Mobile application (IPhone and Android)
- Jpeg images (through pc)
- Relief organisation can build process around uploading images
- File search request
- Search requests can be put into the system following some categorisation and free keyword text entry
- Browse belongings found in category of interest
- Break down search requests into narrower categories
- Seek in certain distances which are meaningful depending on nature of disaster (i.e. Tsunami or Earthquake)
Description of Images
- Finder of belonging can describe images but does not have to, he can also just upload them
- Individuals can donate their time to describing images
- Professional team does description of images
What does belongingsfinder do for seekers of lost belongings?
- Notify belongings-seeker
- Ensure lost belongings are not claimed by various people
- Inform local Japanese authorities regarding match
- Allow local arrangements for recovery of lost item
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further infomation.
The Belongingfsfinder.org Team